Sunday, August 28, 2016

Some news and a card

Hello

I don't know about you but I get tunnel vision when I am about to do some big.
 Example: I have always love potted plants and I would really get into them ... then I would get pregnant and they would all die. I would not be able to think about anything but babies. I get a little OCD! lol

Well I have been going through one of those times again. I am having knee replacement surgery on Monday, 29th. I can't even "get lost" in paper and glue. Seems everything I do has something to do with this surgery.Well it's finally set and ready or not it's going to happen. (it's taken me years to commit to having this done) So now you know. I really am OCD and a bit crazy! lol

OK, now for the card.

My cousin (her birthday was last post) found out a few weeks ago that her husband has acute myeloid leukemia. They have been through so much is such a short time.  Right now they are getting him ready for a stem cell/bone marrow transplant. 

I have been making him a few cards to hopefully lift his spirits. This particular card is him to a "tee".

He is an avid fisherman. He loved it.


For those that don't know, this style of hat is a bucket hat. The original sentiment was bucket of fun but this, I think, is more appropriate.

Thanks for stopping by. I won't be commenting for a few days. But I will be back as soon as possible.

Hugs and God bless,
Steph

8 comments:

  1. Stephanie I think your card is just darling and if he loved it, that is all that matters! I really like how you made the sentiment go from bucket of fun to the bucket of prayers... I will keep your cousin's husband in my prayers and hopefully one more prayer will help a lot. As for you my dear friend... you are going to be just fine.... don't overthink things...and remember why you are doing this in the first place... know that you have a lot of people that love and care about you and we are all rooting for a speedy recovery....you know that you are in my prayers and I will be waiting to hear from you or someone to let me know that you are out of surgery and doing well. All the best and try your best to get some sleep tonight..I know it will be hard but try your best and I will chat with you soon enough! All my love!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is awesome Stephanie! I like the Bucket of Prayers sentiment, it's perfectly fitting and as long as he liked the card - well, that's all that really matters anyway! I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's husband... I'll send loads of prayers their way.... and you take care of that knee of yours! I know you'll be down for a little while with it... My FIL had it done like 4 or 5 times... buts that's because he didn't stay off of it like he was suppose too! I'm sure you will, don't over think things.. just rest and you'll be running around in no time! BIG HUGS! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your cousin and her husband! You are very sweet to have made him some encouragement cards. This is adorable! Love the shape and love the sentiment. I'm sure it will bring a smile. And good luck to you on your knee replacement! Hope you have a very speedy recovery and feel as good as new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie hope your surgery went well and you are recovering nicely
    Thinking of you my friend
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you surgery went well and that you are on the road to recovery. Thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stephanie! I was so happy to see you had stopped by my blog this morning! Hope that means you are on the mend from your knee replacement surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stephanie, I missed this post! Hope you are doing well now from your surgery! Prayers are with you!
    Hugs!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh Stephanie, my friend is having a knee replacement on the 28th of the month!! I will be helping out while she recovers and taking her to appointments. Wish I could be there to help you out too! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayer that all go well for you. I'm so sorry about your friend's husband, I hope the transplant is a success and will keep them in my prayers as well. I do think this card is the perfect lift this person needs and I just love it!!! Well done my friend, well done! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete